Plant Health Care
Five Round Ornamental Program:
- Late Winter: Dormant oil is applied just before bud break to help prevent infestations of scale insects and other insects that over-wintered as eggs.
- Early Spring: A second application to eliminate further outbreaks of scale, while also targeting insects before infestations occur.
- Late Spring: Treatment to control primarily spider mites on spruce, junipers, & burning bush.
- Early Summer:Inspection for insect infestations; application targeting bagworms on evergreens, & any additional spider mite outbreaks.
- Late Summer:Treatment to eliminate pests in the landscape that could over winter and cause problems the following spring. Note- This program is designed to address troublesome insects of ornamental trees & shrubs, it has no effect on diseases or nutrient deficiencies. We offer solutions to those problems as listed below:
Recommended additional ornamental care options:
- Preventative Spring Fungicides: 2 fungicides, 10-21 days apart to help control fungal diseases of Pines, Crabapples, Hawthorns, & Pyracantha
- Spring Deep Root Feeding: Fertilization to help new trees (up to 5” caliper) establish vigorous root systems, & help stress recovery on older trees/shrubs.
- Tree Injections: Injections aimed at treating insects, disease, or nutrient deficiency.